5KM ROAD RACE
A sweet challenge for everyone who loves breathtaking seaside routes but also brisk strides.
5KM might be considered a less challenging race due to its low degree of difficulty, but certainly should not be forgotten the intense emotions thrills it may offer.
- Limited edition, high-quality technical t-shirt
- Unique, artistically designed race completion medal
- Backpack with event logo
- Electronic timing chip for personal tracking
- Electronic participation diploma, complete with name and performance time
- Participation tag printed with name of runner (when submitted early)
- Provision of isotonic beverages – juices at supply stations
- Full health coverage, free of charge
- Rehabilitation services (massage) for runners who wish to make use of this service
- Engraving of name on medal (optional)
The most popular race of the event is the 5 km Individual and Corporate race and the start line is located next to the Europe square, in Foinikoudes. From the start line the runners head east and at the end of Foinikoudes they turn right towards Makariou avenue. The runners continue their race until they reach the 1st km, where the turning point of the race is located. The runners will then head west towards the city centre of Larnaka, through Makariou Avenue and across Zinonos Kitieos, passing from the picturesque city center and the historic church of Saint Lazaros.
After reaching Saint Lazaros church, runners will pass through the Turkish Cypriot neighbourhoods and reach Piale Pasa, one of the most picturesque coastal avenues of Larnaka. Runners will then turn left and head east, passing from the Medieval castle and finish the race at Foinikoudes, right in front of the Larnaka Municipality.
The race route features 1 water station which will offer mineral water, electrolytes, soft drinks, fruits, and medics.
At the finish line the runners will receive mineral water, electrolytes, fruits and their finisher medal.
Runners are encouraged to be at the Starting Line 1 hour before the start time.